November 14, 2006

144 days of Christmas - new for 2006!

Holy shit! Another post? It's almost like I'm participating in NaBloMe NaBloPoMo -- I'm only...um...let's see...five, carry the one...um...about nine posts short. Bah, close enough. Yaaaayyyy, me.

I meant to write about this the other day and, as far as I can tell (and I'm sure you'll all let me know if I'm wrong -- you're all so good at that), I think I'm the only one that's commenting on this particular issue. Sure, we've all seen Christmas decorations out and about since July 4th. I've given up caring about that -- it's just not worth bitchin' and moanin' and decrying the all out consumerism of the holiday -- I'll just leave that to Charles Brown. My beef? Well, when last I checked, we just wrapped up Veterans Day ceremonies, correct? And, like Chag, my calendar says it's not quite the middle of November, let alone Thanksgiving. So, then...

WHY WAS TNT SHOWING HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS ON NOVEMBER FUCKIN' 11?

Just askin'.

BTW - I will once again be hosting Mr. Big Dubya's Bloggers' Mantel™ (see archives December 2005) -- so, get your Xmas cards to me at mrbigdubya at gmail dot com. Yes, I am completely aware of the contradictory nature of railing against early Christmas and Holiday pushes and then, in the same breath, asking for cards. Sue me.


2 opined:

Melissa said...

I loved those from last year. Can I just send you a regular pic, or do I need to try and make it into a card like you did?

Aunt P said...

And what if you don't have kids, but are going to have a damn cute picture of your dog? Will that be posted?

 
Template Courtesy of Blogging Secret