November 10, 2006

Can't a brother get a break?

Psssst. Wanna know a secret? Promise me you won't tell Mrs. Big Dubya, okay? Cool, thanks. I think I may have pissed off the karma gods, police or whomever smites the arrogant. About a week ago I talked about the homestretch and all that happy fun stuff. 'Member? I was all optimistic, but held it in check having been bitch-slapped by said karma individuals 17 months ago. Well, either they're fuckin' with me us at the moment or they just have it in for me us.

Are you getting the idea that things are a tad hinky in Dubyaville? I always knew you guys were quick. That's why I like you. I'm a tad freaked -- not a junkie-who's-dying-for-a-fix running around the house freaked, mind you - more of a guy-in-a-foxhole VC-in-the-wire hyper-aware kind of freaked. We've got a date for the c-section, but Mrs. Big Dubya gets the feeling the doctor only did that to give her/us something to focus on -- she gets the feeling that this baby will be coming sooner rather than later. It's not out of the realm of possibility that I could be posting from the maternity ward in the next few days. I mean, wouldn't you guys just love me to live blog the birth? How cool would that be? Um...never mind. I can feel Mrs. Big Dubya's icy stare even as she reads this. Erase, erase, erase.

So, that's where we are. Now you're all caught up.

Different note: I am a sadistic bastard. I went to Cold Stone Creamery this evening to pick up some dessert for me and the missus. Do you know that when they get tipped they sing Cold Stone Creamery-themed songs? Yeah, it is as bad as it sounds. Maybe worse. Well, they were singing as they were getting my order, then they were singing as I was getting rung up. So, I just had to tip and as I did said, "Just to prolong the embarrassment - have a great night." And went on my happy way.

1 opined:

Kara said...

I don't want to be one of those friends who calls every other day asking if the little one has arrived yet, but when I saw you had posted, I was expecting news about a baby. If you guys can hold out to next Sunday, your newest offspring will shar a b-day with Mr. Cape Buffalo, my cousin Grace, Jodie Foster, Indira Gandhi, and the Macaughy septuplets. Isn't that worth waiting for?

 
Template Courtesy of Blogging Secret