June 10, 2009

25 From 25 - Part I

Sonofa...Apparently some people have not learned. I got tagged in yet another meme and by some people I thought knew better. Though they seem to know I could not resist this one. And not only did I get tagged on their respective sites, I had my card pulled on twitter as well. What's the matter guys? Couldn't hire a skywriter?

I will use Tony's method of compiling: #25-16, #15-6 and then my top five. And like him, I'm not offering up the why - unlike TwoBusy, who is apparently DadCentric's resident Nick Hornby - I have a real hard time expressing/justifying why it is that I like certain songs since it is such a subjective thing.

Might as well get this beyotch underway, right? Don't want to drag this out to ::cough:: October ::cough::.

Run DMC - Rock Box


Morphine - Super Sex


Athlete - Wires



Big Audio Dynamite II - Rush



Love and Rockets - No New Tale to Tell



Martin Gore - In a Matter of Speaking


The Streets - Could Well Be In



Concrete Blonde - Everybody Knows



Terence Trent D'Arby - Wishing Well



A Tribe Called Quest - Scenario

5 opined:

TwoBusy said...

You just blew my mind with the inclusion of "Wires."

GREATGREATGREAT song. Instantly sends me back to those fun-filled days in the NICU & gets me a wee bit misty as a result.

Kara said...

Everything yummy- but I want to hug you for including Terrance Trent D'Arby. Just when I think I know you...

CroutonBoy said...

I was wondering when you were going to get to this! Unlike Kara, I cannot hug you for Terrance, although I admire the chutzpah. Morphine, BAD, and Tribe Called Quest more than make up for it!!!

Chag said...

Of the all the folks who have done this so far, your list would be closest to my Top 25. Nice list so far!

TwoBusy said...

Still on target for October, I see.

 
Template Courtesy of Blogging Secret