March 30, 2010

It's a Slow Process - Or So They Tell me

Hey, anyone here? Hello? I guess it's just me and you then. So, how have you been? Good, good glad to hear it. Me? Oh, I've been fine, yeah. Nothing much really. I thought I'd get back into this blogging thing by now, but I just haven't been feeling it at all lately. I feel like I've been sapped of all my creativity. And that sucks because I really do enjoy it. I've never looked at blogging as a chore in any way, but lately I feel like it's a chore just to come by and brush away the cobwebs from this little corner of the tubes. Honestly, I've kind of let this place go. See those kids up there? I'm pretty sure that picture is three years old. They don't even look like that anymore. And, hell, there's a third who's not there. Big fat F-A-I-L. Note to self: need to change banner. Hell, need to change layout, content, blog lists. Okay, maybe I should just blow it all up and start over. Something to think about.

I have things to talk about too. TV shows - anyone else watch Sons of Anarchy? Thoughts on that season finale? How about Leverage? Sort of A-Team and Players - anyone remember Players with Ice-T? The DVR is also filling up with Justified (brilliant show by the way), Psych and Caprica. Speaking of Caprica, am I alone in my reluctance to fully buy in yet? Anything else out there I should be watching or catching up on? I wanted to start a meme (I know, me, starting a meme) about Top 10 favorite cover songs of the 80s or from 80s bands or '00s covers of 80s bands or even a whole bunch of other categories, but you actually have to blog to get those going so....I'm also so out of touch right now - I have no idea what's worth listening to. An iPhone with Pandora and last.fm during a commute is not a great way to hear new music. Just sayin'. And let's not talk about movies, although I have seen Inglourious Basterds and Zombieland so I guess that's not too bad, right? Right? No I haven't seen James Cameron's vision for a live-action Smurfs movie. I do want to see Hot Tub Time Machine because, well, it's about the 80s, duh - there's a good review over at Culture Brats. Speaking of Culture Brats, it's a new blog started by my friend Chag about pop culture: The Children of the 80s Are Reclaiming Pop Culture. Yes, I did agree to write over there because pop culture is really the one thing I do enjoy writing about. I'll be doing a post with Chicky Chicky Baby: Sixteen Candles vs. Pretty In Pink - should be interesting. I'm also making arrangements to interview the guys at Stuck In The 80s - a great podcast about what else?

I'm currently writing a post for DadCentric about my upcoming 25th reunion. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Twenty-five years. That's a loooong time. So much has happened in that time. It's surreal on so many levels.

Anyway, I'm offering no promises that I'll be here daily, but I am going to try and get back here more than once a quarter. That's my noncommittal commitment and I'm sticking to it.

2 opined:

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

I've just stumbled across your blog and I really enjoy it - I hope one day you'll find your way back.

TwoBusy said...

So... what is everyone else planning to do to celebrate the 1-year anniversary of Dubya's last post? I'm going to sacrifice a goat. There may also be cake.

 
Template Courtesy of Blogging Secret